RN to BSN Online
You only need an associate’s degree to become an RN, so a lot of nurses will go to school to school for two years and jump into their careers. This will lead to minimal pay opportunities, and it will not allow for much career advancement. If you want to get more out of your career, you might want to get a Bachelor of Science in Nursing instead. There are many online nursing programs that will help you move up in your profession, so you might be able to go to school without leaving the house. Here is an overview of a typical RN to BSN online so you can prepare for the learning to come.
Common Courses in RN to BSN Programs
Every RN to BSN program is a little different, but they are all designed to improve about the education you received in your Associate’s Degree in Nursing. The classes will take about two years to complete in total, depending on which ones you take. Common courses in RN to BSN online degrees include:
- Adult Physiological Nursing
- Care of Communities
- Evidence-Based Nursing
- Health Assessment & Promotion
- Interracial Communication
- Professional Nursing
- Psychosocial Nursing
There are plenty of others that you might encounter throughout your education, but those are some important ones to keep in mind. You can check the degree sheet for the school you actually plan to attend for more information.
How to Select an RN to BSN Online
You may be a little thrown off by the amount of schools that offer this kind of program online. This is because there is such a high demand for nurses at this time. Schools are trying to respond to that by providing RNs with a chance to advance their education and career opportunities at the same time. Here are some quick tips to help you find the right school and program for you:
- Check the perquisites. Make sure that your past classes will transfer over into your BSN degree. If they don’t, you may have to spend twice as long in school as you wanted to.
- Verify the accreditation. Look on the site for an indication that the school is accredited. If it’s not, you need to look for another school that can provide you with a reliable education.
- Review the classes. Check the course schedules to find out what you will be learning in the program. If you like what you see, you can proceed to the application process.
- Look into financial aid. See if there is a way to pay for your education before you enroll in something. If you don’t think you can afford that specific program, you might need to look for something else.
- Figure out the start date. The sooner you can start your education, the sooner you will be able to move up in your career. If you can’t start with one school for six months or more, there is probably another school with a closer start date
Use the tips above when you start looking for a degree to go through, and you should be able to find the best RN to BSN online for you.